HOW MANY MILES DID YOU SAY???

 I am seeking, I am striving, I am in it with all my heart. 

 - Vincent Van Gogh 


Those Miles

It’s not like I wake up and say, “YAAS! I get to pedal 21 miles today!”

Typically, my alarm goes off 45 minutes before I have to leave, (I'm NOT a morning person), slowly eat 2 waffles, get dressed, and leave about 8:30 a.m. to make it to my class by 9:00 a.m..  I get on “my” bike, (‘cause I ride the same one every time), about 5 minutes early before class begins. Once I start that seemingly unending circular motion, there’s no turning back. I’ve only stopped once in over a year, just once, when the pain in my leg was like a burning poker. But only once. I keep on pedaling and I watch those miles turn over and that’s what keeps me going. Those miles.

In case you haven’t guessed, I’m a goal driven person. I like to set goals and I love to attain them. My goals are set for me, against me. How can I do that better? Faster? And I write my goals down in my planner. Each year, each month, and after each Spin class. And for Spin, they add up. Last year I spun… wait, let me tell you that in 2018 I took about 2 ½ months off from Spin, only spun 1 day a week for about 6 months, and then spun about 2 ½ days per week for about 4 months, and yet I spun 925 miles!!!! What?! What?! Yup.

 Optimistic and Anticipating 

I think my goals are important. Family goals. Art goals. Spin goals. They keep anticipation in my life. I look forward to the next day, the next time (insert whatever I like) happens. For me, goals keep me optimistic that something good’s going to happen. And who’s not up for good things happening??? Am I right?

I had to include this picture from a commercial that I’m sure you’ve seen. No, those aren’t my calves, ha! ha! But my calves ARE pretty defined. Just sayin’.



When I first started Spinning, back in 2017, I wrote this blog post you may want to read. The quote is by the fantastic Dave Grohl and that's a picture of me and my cool bike! Stay warm friends! That’s one of my goals!! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me here every Saturday for another blog post and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments