SPINNING

 No one can be you and that is your power. 

 - Dave Grohl 


 The 70’s 

When I was growing up in the 70s, I rode my bike everywhere. It was a cool white bike with a banana seat, a white wicker basket with flowers on the front, and had those high handlebars. Yeah, that's really a picture of me on it above. I graduated to an orange 10-speed probably around age 13, not as flashy, but it also got me anywhere I wanted to go. Oh the places you’ll go…

 Spin 

Flash forward to 2017, last week, and I’m in the second spin class in 2 weeks. The bikes are aerodynamic, with little, itty, bitty, HARD, skinny seats, I mean really - have you seen them???!! I didn’t make it through the first class, I’ll be honest. I stopped when I felt a severe pinch in my knee. Luckily, that was nothing serious, but boy did my butt hurt for a few days. Being a glutton for punishment, I came back the next week and tried again. I was determined to make it through class no matter what. So through Bad Romance, Fireball, Dang You’re a Sexy Chick, and Bruno Mars I “scraped the mud”, kept my shoulders back, and pedaled standing and sitting, up over and down imaginary hills. And in the end, I finished - and had pedaled 18 MILES!!!! I was so proud of myself. The next day, my calves were a little sore but my butt wasn’t. I guess I can get used to the seat, but it will never be as cool as my banana seat was, ya know what I mean?

 How to: 

I love this magazine picture because this is how I picture myself when I am her age. Wearing a tube top while riding my bike on my way to the beach in the summer sunshine. Good times!!

First, I gessoed the page (Liquitex) and then smeared on some leftover gray paint with my fingers. I glued the magazine photo to the page with a glue stick.

Next, I smeared on some turquoise paint and dried it. Then using matte medium, I glued some map scraps to the page and added a scribbled border around the picture.

Finally, I stamped some images in turquoise and dark blue. I finished by gluing on the quote.

Stay strong and ride hard people. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Tuesday and Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com.



 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 

 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments