TIME TO CHOOSE YOUR ONE LITTLE WORD


Happiness cannot be traveled to, owned, earned, or worn.
It is the spiritual experience of living every minute with love, grace, and gratitude.

- Denis Waitley





ONE LITTLE WORD

Christmas is in 4 days and then the New Year. Time to choose your One Little Word. “What is that?” you ask. One Little Word, originated by Ali Edwards, is a word you choose to guide/drive you in the New Year. (Ali explains it perfectly in this link. Please visit.) It can be any word you want. Perhaps you’re coming out of a crazy time and you want to experience some calm in your life, so your word might be “relax”, or “serene”. Or perhaps you want to amp up your life so you may choose a word like “drive” or “action”. Your word, your choice.

COMMIT and ACTION

I’ve chosen a word for each year since 2014 and have found it to be a very worthwhile experience. My first word, “commit”, was chosen because I felt that I finally needed to commit to the fact that I wasn’t going to teach forever and needed to commit to retirement. I made 5 large goals and accomplished only one of them – to buy a laptop. 2015s word was “action” to try to accomplish some of those unsung goals from the previous year. I did complete my first art journal in just 5 months which was very rewarding. Since taking art classes at a local university was financially out of the question, I dove into art videos.

CHALLENGE and FOCUS

By end of 2015, I had decided to retire, and “challenge” was my word for 2016. Would I be able to earn any extra money through my art? I taught a couple of classes which helped and then in October, The Crafter’s Workshop (TCW) posted my work on their Instagram website and my journey really began. In November I was a guest artist who posted on Julie Fei-Fan Balzer’s website; and then in December I guest posted on The Crafter’s Workshop’s blog. I was very encouraged and “focus” became 2017s word.

In late March 2017, my daughter helped me create a logo and business cards for ArtEveryDayStudio, and loaded it onto Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, gmail, and most importantly, Blogger. My first blog on arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com was published on April 7, 2017. Two of my posts have been read over 200 times and the rest average around 70+. In June, I was chosen as a Design Team Member for The Crafter’s Workshop. I feel having “focus” as my word has helped me to hone in on what I needed to do to advance my new career. I love being a mixed-media artist and blogger so much that I feel “unstoppable”, and so my new word for 2018 is chosen. Ready or not, here I come!!

THE ART

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

This is my post that was just published on The Crafter’s Workshop called Winter Feather Card. I used my Gel Press plate to make a card. I love the soft blue and white colors. Click on the card's name above and it will take you to the site. I hope you enjoy.







You know that I begin each post with a quote and I just wanted to say that I hope the one above describes your Christmas holiday. Please join me here every Friday for more blog posts and on Facebook and Instagram



 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments