NIGHT OWL

 A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.
 Steve Martin 

 What are doing? 

What are you doing at, oh say, 12:15? How about 1:30 or 2:45? Oh, and did I say A.M.? What are you doing then?? Well, it’s likely not what I’m doing. While you’re tucked in and sleeping peacefully, it’s 12:15 a.m. before I even think about going to bed because Jimmy Fallon and I are still laughing together. 1:30? Well by then I may have made it to bed, but the light is still on and most likely I’m reading to try to fall asleep. By 2:45 I’ve probably turned the light out twice but it’s on again and I’m thinking, thinking, thinking. I may have gone down to The Studio and worked. Or peed 5 times just because I think “Crap, I need to pee AGAIN!”

 I’ve tried it all 

Thanks, but I don’t need suggestions. I’ve tried them all. You know – low lighting, no exercise before bedtime, warm milk, no computer time before bed, writing down everything on your mind to purge your worries, staying warm, staying cool, warm shower before bedtime, no naps during the day, no spicy foods, melatonin, not a lot of fluid before bedtime, reading something boring, watching TV in the dark.

 Night Sounds 

The one thing I haven’t tried is a white noise machine. The only problem with that is that I like it to be quiet so I can hear the night sounds – crickets chirping, spring peepers in the spring, great horned owls hooting to one another, wind. I love those peaceful, night sounds. Oh well, it’s ok. I’ve learned to function on 5 hours sleep and I’ve learned to live with (and love?) the fact that I am a night owl. Don’t worry, I won’t call you at 3 a.m. when I’m still wide awake.

 The ART 

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

This week, the art is the second Crafter’s Workshop blog post in a series of two. I posted the first one on Sept. 8th called Hello Fall. This week, I'm sharing how I repurposed a paper weight and a tin can to make cool desk accessories. Check out the whole post on The Crafter’s Workshop Blog in the post called Artful Accessories.


Why, yes, that is the same rabbit's foot fern from my post Rabbit's Foot Fern. It is getting big isn't it??!!
Anyway, sleep tight, friends. BTW did you know the origin of that saying? It came pre-Sealy mattresses when people had rope beds and they used a “key” to tighten the ropes so they wouldn’t be sleeping in a saggy bed. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments