LAYERS OF LIFE: THE SKETCHBOOK PROJECT

 Isn't it funny how day by day nothing changes,
 but when you look back everything is different. 

 - C. S. Lewis 


 The Sketchbook Project 

Housed in the tiny Brooklyn Art Library in Brooklyn New York is an interactive art library called The Sketchbook Project. More than 162,081 people from 101 different countries have participated by creating over 36,000 sketchbooks. Soon some of my mixed media art will join this international community as I have collaborated with three other very talented ladies – my good friends Tracy, Melissa, and Missy, to complete one of the 5” x 7” books. Our book, entitled Layers of Life, will soon take up residence in Brooklyn where anyone in the world can read it. Exciting, right??!!

 Layers of Life 

Each of us completed one signature of 4 pages front and back with our artwork. Except for acrylic paint and gesso, any art supply could be used. We met last week at a reveal party, and the results were astounding to see how we each interpreted our theme. We had planned to assemble the book then; however, that proved to be a small challenge in itself. The curved needle we used was great; the upholstery thread was another matter. I’ll need to look for thicker thread before it can be completed, but we still have time.

I wrote the following in my signature on my blue pages – “Our live are made up of a multitude of layers. Each day more layers are added through our interactions with others, what we see and read, and our thoughts. Day by day, layer by layer, our lives change. My portion of the book was created with lots of layers, like our life; and with lots of positive messages. I hope it will add a positive layer to your life.” I'll keep you updated on the book's journey.

THE ART

I have included pictures of my signature in the art for this week.

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.








Which page did you like the best? How about you - would you consider your own Sketchbook Project? I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me here every Friday for more blog posts and on Facebook and  Instagram.

Art in the Studio makes every day a good day.

Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio!

Comments

  1. you are all amazing, talented artists! I love seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment