24/7

 Love is a force more formidable  than any other. It is invisible -  it cannot be seen or measured,  transform you in a moment, and  offer you more joy than any  material possession could. 

 ~ Barbara de Angelis 

 Where have the years gone? 

Mother’s Day was this past weekend. My husband and daughter both sent me cards that brought tears to my eyes. Again. They always write sentiments that make me tear up. Never fails. But it’s not just the sentiments that get me, but the memories of when my daughter was growing up. Where have the years gone? How can it be possible that next year she will be receiving Mother’s Day cards?? Time passes too quickly.

 24/7 

Barbara de Angelis must have been thinking of mothers when she wrote the quote above. The second you hold that new baby human “bean”, that powerful force called love takes over. Even now, I think about, worry about, and call my daughter every day and that will never change no matter how old she gets. Being a mom is a 24/7 job! This page is dedicated to her.

 How to: 

To begin, I used a pencil to free write across both pages. 

I then mixed neutral gray value 5 (Liquitex Basics) with gesso (Liquitex) and did a combination of painting and dabbing over the writing until I was satisfied with the effect. I did the same thing but this time with purple (Master’s Touch) and gesso until I was happy. Before that dried, I laid down Dylusions letter jumble stencil (Ranger) and wiped paint off using a baby wipe. 

Using prism violet (Liquitex Basics), I stenciled around the edges of the pages using the same stencil. Then, switching to Casey from the Casey & Penelope stencil, (The Crafter’s Workshop), I laid down the stencil and stenciled around it still using prism violet. 

Next, I painted a stamp from the Textures Dina Wakley Media stamp set (StampersAnonymous) with the prism violet paint and stamped all over the pages. (Make sure to clean your stamp with water before the paint dries.)

After drying that, I painted cadmium red light hue, cadmium red medium hue (both Liquitex Basics) and lemon yellow (Master’s Touch) across the top third of the pages. I journaled around the woman using a white Signo Uni-ball pen(Michaels). I stamped and glued a butterfly onto the woman.

I added bright aqua green (Liquitex Basics) fingerprints on top of the red, orange, and yellow after it had dried; and then titanium white (Liquitex Basics) fingerprints on top of the purple stamped circles.

To finish, I drew a purple heart and outlined the body with an Energel purple pen. Last, I glued “24/7” on several parts of the pages.


Being a mother is the best job in the world! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Tuesday and Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com.

Art in the Studio makes every day a good day.
Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio!

Comments

  1. my wish is to get to your state where the art flows out of me instead of me directing my work. Beautiful page and beautiful sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment