New Year, New Decade, New Possibilities

We waste our lives waiting for the ideal paths
to appear in front of us.
But they never do.
Because we forget that paths are made by walking, not waiting.
- Angel Chernoff


Two Traditions

My incredible daughter and I have “New Year” traditions. First, we buy a new planner in December, and second, we choose our One Little Word (OLW) for the year.

My husband can’t understand why I buy a planner. He questions why I would want one since I was obligated to use one every day for 31 years when I was teaching. I tell him it’s not the same thing. Now that I’m retired, I write whatever I want and if I don’t want to follow the daily schedule, I don’t. The usual stuff - birthdays, appointments, lunch and vacation dates – go in; but I also use it as a sort of diary with my goals, feelings, notes (good and bad) on noteworthy days. For example, last year I kept track of my mileage for each Spin class, and in just 8 months, I spun 3 miles shy of 1300 miles!  

OLW

In the past, my OLW words like action, commit, unstoppable, and intentional have been very bold. But on the heels of 2019; and with the start of not only a new year, but a new decade, the word I’m choosing evokes a slower pace – less in my face. So with journey, I’ll be happy with moving forward, one foot in front of the other, sometimes running, but sometimes with the permission to just meander forward. Savoring the wonderful things that life offers, and remembering them when life throws you a curve ball.

A Serving of ART




I created this small piece and loved it so much that I decided not to sell it. I’m trying to develop my compositions and I liked the placement of things on the canvas. Since I especially love this color palette, I’m going to be exploring more with these colors.

P.S. - Reread the quote at the top. Are you walking or waiting? Cheers and best wishes in the new decade friends! Hope your journey is special.

Pop over to my website for more inspiration - arteverydaystudio.com !

Comments