LEARN FROM IT


 A person who never made a mistake
 never tried anything new.

 - Albert Einstein 






 We’ve all done it 

You’ve done it. I’ve done it. We’ve all done it. You know what I mean. We’ve said something, written something, or done something that we shouldn’t have and feelings were hurt. Most often it’s not intentional, just a slip, but once it’s done, it needs to be addressed.

Last week, I did something and I wasn’t even aware I had made a mistake. A third party called me to let me know about the mistake. For a moment, I was dumbfounded. It had never dawned on me that what I had done was wrong. But then, yep, I knew it was a no-no. It wasn’t a life threatening, knife-in-your-back, can’t-be-rectified kind of thing, but it was important to that person, and I was sorry. And, of course, I apologized to the person.

Will I make another mistake? Heck yeah! But you can bet it won’t be the same mistake that I just made. Lesson learned.

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

 The ART 

I hope you enjoy the art for this week. I’m excited to share a product I used for the first time, and I have to say I fell in love with it! Now my mind is swimming with more projects using it.
Supplies:

GrafixComputer Grafix Film
Archival ink, variety of rubber stamps, sentiment sticker,
acrylic paint

To begin, I used Computer Grafix Film which are computer-printable transparent plastic sheets. They’re adhesive-backed transparencies perfect for art applications in journals, on tags, ATCs, anything really. First, I printed a photo onto one of the sheets.


I wanted the photo to look distressed, so I scratched around the edges with a metal dry embossing tool.


Next, I pulled the backing off and stuck the photo to a piece of book text, and then sewed around it.


After that, I tore the edges to continue with the distressed theme.


In my large Dylusions journal, I painted lime green and light pink to mimic the photo colors. While the paint was still wet, I used a stencil from The Crafter’s Workshop called Love Sonnet and rubbed off some of the paint using a damp rag.


Once dry, I added a collage of papers and topped it off with my transparency. Finally, I stamped a variety of rubber stamp images in gray and added a sticker sentiment. Nice, huh? Seriously people, these Computer Grafix Film sheets will take your art to another level. You've got to try them!


As smart as Albert Einstein was, it’s hard to imagine him making mistakes. But I’m sure he did, and I don’t feel so bad because I’m in good company. Don’t let mistakes paralyze you; keep trying new things people! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments

  1. I haven't used these yet! Oh my head is spinning with ideas. Must buy lots of ink!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment