HAVE YOU EVER RUN A MARATHON?


If ever there is tomorrow when we are not together…
there is something you must always remember…
You are braver than you believe,
 stronger than you seem,
and smarter than you think.
But the most important thing is…
even if we are apart,
I’ll always be with you!

 - Christopher Robin to Pooh




 All Worth It 

“Have you ever run a marathon, or anything strenuous like that, where you need mental toughness?”

“No,” she answered.

“Well, that’s what you’re going to need to get through this.”

Before this moment, she had gone through some preliminary education about what would occur; scenarios and options had been discussed; questions were answered. But, still. She didn’t fully comprehend just exactly what would happen.

If you’ve never run a marathon, how can you understand that kind of mental toughness?

In the end, even though she had never done anything so physical, so painful in all her life – she accomplished it with bravery and strength. Even though it had been THE. VERY. WORST. pain she ever could have imagined – so painful that it took her breath away at times and her lips literally turned blue – she’d do it all over again. In the blink of an eye, if need be.

Because it was all worth it. Her baby daughter was the most beautiful thing she had ever seen.

 The Art 

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

Entitled Shining Star, I made this piece about a month in advance of my first grandchild’s birth. She is our Shining Star. Her mom and dad are her Shining Stars. You get the idea. Everyone is someone’s Shining Star. Whose are you?


This post is dedicated to my Pooh, my daughter, who definitely had the mental toughness she needed even though she may not have thought she did. (But I knew it all the time.) I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me here every Friday for more blog posts and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 

 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments