GARDEN TOUR


 Gardening is the art
 
that uses flowers and plants as paint,
 and the soil 
and sky as canvas. 

- Elizabeth Murray




 Tradition 

Last Saturday, my bestie Karen and I attended our annual garden tour. It’s always a special day for several reasons. First, the flowers are blooming; second, it's June and school is out; and third, we get to spend the day laughing, talking, and taking pictures of pretty gardens. My favorite gardens are the ones that seem natural and not landscaped; cutting gardens, like my grandmom had where you have enough flowers for your table, and to give away to a special person. Being an industrialist, I love to see metal and concrete sculptures. Extra props if they are old, rusty, and look as if they’ve been living there with the flowers for years. I love gardens with water features and birdhouses, ones with niches or “rooms” where bees and birds are the music, and gardens with some wicker furniture stuffed with pillows so you can have a seat and listen. I’d have to say a garden is the most peaceful place on earth.

 Pics 

I've included some of my favorite pictures from the tour. Enjoy!

 

and my favorite of the day...


I hope you have at least one chance to visit a special garden this summer, and I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Tuesday and Friday for more blog posts at
arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 

 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio!  




Comments