It’s that time of year where we start making lists…
I love looking back 
and seeing what I accomplished…
But remember not to beat yourself up 
for not doing everything on your list. Goals change. Plans change…Every day is an opportunity to do something that keeps you moving 
in the direction of your dreams.  

                             – Betty Krause 


 The motivation I needed 

I seriously debated about whether to write this blogpost or just skip it and start fresh in January. After all, I haven’t been exactly faithful with blogposts this year. But when I was scrolling through Instagram, I found this on Betty Krause’s feed. It was the motivation I needed. I say stuff like this to you all the time. I guess I just needed someone to say it to me.

 Unstoppable Accomplishments 

So 2018 was an “unstoppable” year for me. I accomplished 2 huge goals that I made in 2014. The first was to make a large piece of artwork and I did that in July for my last post as a TCW designers. 

The second was to send some art to a magazine hoping they would publish it and that happened in October, when the issue of ART Journaling magazine featured me in their Artist Profile section. 



Because of being featured in the magazine, I hung 18 pieces of art in Barnes and Noble, from October 2018 to the end of January 2019. So far 5 of them have found forever homes! 


My Instagram followers more than doubled and I received over 19K likes for my posts. Wow!

Yeah, my blog was low on my list of things to do, but I’m not letting that suck the wind out of my sails. 2018 was a great year and I’m looking forward to 2019. How about you? I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me here every Saturday for another blog post and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments