2017 - MY YEAR IN REVIEW

A journey is calling you. Go on. Take the first step.

- Patty Eskridge




Downs and ups

In January and February alone, I lost 4 wonderful women and my beloved cat, but after that if was all uphill, thankfully. With my new gym membership, I became stronger than I have in many years in Body Pump and Spin classes; (read about my first spin class). I traveled short distances – the Philadelphia Flower Show (read about the flower show), and long distances – California. And I spent many wonderful hours on the beach and by the pool with beloved friends.

Metamorphose

2017 saw me metamorphose (v. to change the form or nature of; transform) into a mixed-media artist/blogger; and this gave me the biggest sense of self pride, confidence, and accomplishment I’ve ever experienced, (aside from motherhood). I owe so much of this to my biggest fan, my daughter, who helped be begin this blog. Several other artful things happened in my life. For one, two of my favorite friends and I began Art Chicas; we meet monthly to make art, eat, and laugh. Second, I put myself out there and applied for my first design team; and wudduya know, I was chosen to be one of nine design team members for The Crafter’s Workshop. Also, I took a class with my art idol, Dina Wakley, taught a couple art classes, sent in a project to be published in an art journal, and collaborated on a small art book, (more about that one in next week’s post!!)

So grateful

But my very, very favorite times of 2017 were the ones I spent together with my favorite 4 – my hubby, daughter, son-in-law, and my brand new granddaughter!!!! What does 2018 hold? I don’t know, but for now I’m so grateful for the past year and so looking forward to the new one.

THE ART

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

In addition to my blog, I was very happy with my Instagram feed. For this week’s art, I share my nine most-liked art pieces. Combined, they had 7,378 likes. Wow! But as great as that is, my goal for 2018 is to double that, and yes that would be 14,000 likes. Too lofty? Nobody got anywhere by thinking small now did they?



Here’s to 2018!! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me here every Friday for more blog posts and on Facebook and Instagram.

Art in the Studio makes every day a good day.

Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio!

Comments