IRL - IN REAL LIFE



 A true artist is not one who is inspired,
 but one who inspires others.

 – Salvador Dali 



IRL

Today I’m spending the day with one of my art idols and inspirations – Dina Wakley! IRL!! (In Real Life) I’m taking a class with her and I couldn’t be any more excited. Well, not true. I would be tons more excited if she were coming to my Studio in person for a one-on-one art lesson. Sigh. I can dream can’t I?

Funny, I feel like I know her already, what with watching so many of her videos numerous times each. And reading both her books (numerous times each!). She seems very personable and down to earth – you know, like someone you’d want to have lunch with. Anyway, she’s in my area – less than a 2 hour drive away – and since I missed taking her class last year, I wasn’t about to let this opportunity slip away.

Stay tuned for next Friday’s blog post where I’ll share all the deets about what I learned.

Did I mention – I’M SO EXCITED!!!!

The Artwork

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

The Artwork I’m sharing was done in my first two art journals while I was reading Dina's book Art Journal Freedom. One of the reasons I love this book is because she has Page Challenges where you create a page/spread from a prompt. Below are examples of three of my finished pages.

Challenge 1 – Create a page with a repeated word or image as a focal point.


The phrenological head stamp is one of my favorites.

Challenge 2 – Make two pages with similar subjects but different white space.



Which page do you prefer? Top or bottom?

Challenge 3 – Outline elements so they are more visible.


Which of the journal spreads did you like the most? Leave a comment and let me know. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me here every Friday for more blog posts and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 

 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments