MACRO IMPACT/ MICRO CONNECTIONS


 Our macro impact is made up of our behavior in our micro connections. . . Check in on the people around you. . . Kindness is contagious, let it start with you.

 - Cleo Wade 


 Impressed 

My husband belongs to a small health and wellness center located in a nursing home. It is a little known gem with very compassionate trainers who work one-on-one with each scheduled client. Anyone can join, but needless to say, most of the members are elderly. Each time I have gone with my husband, I have been impressed with the friendliness and positive attitudes of trainers and clients alike. Wouldn’t the world be a better place if it were more like this little place?

 Tragedies 

The tragedies of the last few weeks have been so sad to watch and especially when the news shows keep replaying events over and over. Then there are the shootings, the political problems, the kidnappings, etc., etc., etc. And their tactic of ending with a fuzzy feel good story that lasts all of 2 minutes isn’t enough to pump up my defeated self. I can’t do it. It’s not that I’m not empathetic to the plight and problems of the victims, but I’ve always felt that the overstimulation you get from something you can’t control is not good for your psyche.

 Micro Connections 

I choose to focus on my micro connections with the people around me. The family and friends who are struggling with tense situations and health problems. Friends who are under stress from their jobs. And always the good things – new babies, weddings, children, nature, old love, new love, and working to fulfill dreams. Stay strong friends and check in with your peeps!

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

 The ART 

I’m sharing the first Halloween journal spread that I’ve made for The Crafter’s Workshop blog called Harlequin Halloween. You can read about it here. I hope you enjoy the art.

Some may call me an ostrich with its head in the sand avoiding the problems of the world, but I call it mental health and working within my circle of influence. I choose to concentrate on what I can do – my macro impact on my little corner of the world. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 


Comments