TAKE CARE


 And it's not selfish to love yourself,
 take care of yourself,
 and to make your happiness a priority.

 - Angel Chernoff 


 Labor Day 

It’s September 1st and Labor Day weekend. I can almost hear their sighs. You know, sighs of kids and teachers. Even though some have officially started, it’s really Labor Day that seals the deal.

Forget January 1st. For 43 years of my life, Labor Day weekend was the official beginning of the year for me. Sometimes excitement, positive anticipation, but later in my career, it meant the end of freedom and lots and lots and LOTS of work. For the next nine months, my life was not my own. I gained, on average, 23 lives that I thought about all the time. School became the first thing I thought of when I woke up and the last thing before I went to sleep, if I slept.

Now that I am retired, I know I am blessed and I take advantage of that. But I think of my friends that are still there giving their 110%, spending their own money on school, putting in about 60+ hours a week in the physical school building and at their homes. I always hated when people said, “Oh, you’re a teacher. You’re lucky, you have off all summer.” If you’re one of those people, shame on you! Teachers NEED the summer to recoop from the school year. So I dedicate this post to all the teachers that work their butts off. If you’re a teacher, read the quote above and let it sink in. Let it be your mantra. Please.

 The Art 

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.



STAY STRONG teachers!!! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments