UNDER ATTACK

 Don’t worry about failures.
 Worry about the chances you miss
 when you don’t even try. 

 - Jack Canfield 


 Under Attack 

I’ve been under attack lately. No, don’t worry, it’s nothing life threatening at all. I’ve just been stalked by “–tion” words. And I’m sure you’ve had some run-ins with them too. It can happen at any time. One day you’re rolling along, happy as a lark, then BAM! you run into a “-tion” word and your whole life gets thrown for a loop. And it may not be that it’s just a hit-and-run. It may be that they become unwanted guests. You know, like those Airbnb jerks on the news that wouldn’t leave the house they had rented and the camera showed them walking around the kitchen in their pjs while the owner of the house tried to serve them with papers to evict them. Yeah, those “-tion” words are jerks too.

 "-tion" 

You know them – procrastination, frustration, reaction, and distraction. I hate them. Distraction followed me home from the library when I picked up the fifth season of Major Crimes, my very, very favorite show. We had waited for at least a couple of months for it so naturally, binge watching was in order. And that wasn’t the only show we’ve binge watched in the last 2 weeks – Vikings (another favorite) and Breaking Bad were binged, snacks included!. Then frustration sat down beside me when I tried to upload my pictures for my TCW post and snickered when I had over 15 failed attempts. Next, reaction and procrastination came walking hand in hand right up to me as I was looking through Instagram and some screenshots, and began chanting, “Ha Ha! You can’t do that!” and as a result, I’ve avoided The Studio.

The other day, though, I felt a slight tug on my shirt and I looked around to see my old friends action and satisfaction smiling up at me. Now those are two “-tion” words that I like hanging around with. I did do a new piece of art work for this blog post so I’m hoping action and satisfaction are here to stay and continue to keep me company in The Studio. Like the quote above says, I shouldn’t worry about failure. After all, I am relatively new at this whole art career thing and a lot of the artists I follow on IG have been working artists for many years so comparison is unfair. And like I always tell people, there are no mistakes and anything can be fixed so there are no failures. So I’m going to keep looking on the bright side. Well I gotta go, inspiration is calling me and we'll be chatting for a while.

 The Art 

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

I started the spread with the TCW751 Kitchen Tiles stencil which I stenciled with soft pink and cream. I stenciled TCW737 Love Sonnet in silver in various places. Next I stenciled TCW754 Distressed Details in several places with cream. To dull the background, I used airbrush medium and cream paint. I love the texture and the colors.


Next, I added collage elements on the left side and a typed/fussy cut quote on the right. The stamped girl is called Praying Angel and she's from Lost Coast Designs. To add the paper elements of the collage and the paper quote words, I used a cool product called Artist-tac from Grafix. All you do is lay your element on the permanent dry adhesive sheet and peel up and stick to your paper. It's that simple! No messy glue, no liquid. I grunged up the spread by outlining the words in pencil and smudging, and then smudging pencil around the collage.


The next time you even glimpse one of those hateful "–tion" words comin’ at ya, run the other way! I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com and on Facebook and Instagram.

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments