DESIRE WHAT YOU HAVE

 Do not spoil what you have 
 by desiring what you have not; 
 remember that what you now have 
 was once among the things 
 you only hoped for. 


 -Epicurus


 Minimalism 

It’s easy to always want more. And today it’s easy to get more. It is literally at our fingertips – all you need is a computer and, well, your fingertips. But let’s take a moment to assess our situations. How much “stuff” do we really need? This year, I've noticed that minimalism is very popular in a lot in the blogs and articles that I read. I love the whole Scandanavian decor vibe. There are loads of articles on how to make a minimalist wardrobe, and since I’ve retired and don’t have to go to a job each day, I am clearing room in my closet of things I probably won’t need. . . . Wait. I draw the line at my booties. Love my booties!!

But seriously, what really matters? Stuff or people? That's right, people, it's PEOPLE! And that fact has been pounded into me this year with the death of my friends Lori and Cindy, my aunt, the mother of a dear friend, and my cat (I loved her as if she were a little person). And all that happened in the first 40 days of 2017!!!!!! It didn’t look like it was going to be a great year. But then, gradually, that started to change and a lot of great things happened. And now it seems that as bad as 2017 began, it will be ending in a great way. New babies are coming!!!! One in September, my baby’s baby in OCTOBER!, and another in December.

And really, people, they’re worth far more than all the “stuff” we think we desire.

 The Art 

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

This is a piece that I created with a September baby boy in mind. To see the how-tos, please visit The Crafter’s Workshop Blog.





I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com and on Facebook and Instagram.


 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 

 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments

  1. you are so correct and i am guilty of sometimes getting caught up in 'things' but have worked really hard on living the moments more and gathering of 'things' less..... you have my deepest sympathy in the losses you have gone through this year

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment