SIXTY SECONDS OF HAPPINESS


 For every minute you are angry, 
 you lose sixty seconds of happiness.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson


 A Funny Thing 

The other day my husband and I were in the Hallmark store buying cards. We must have been in the “So Funny You’ll LYAO and Snort” section because we were laughing so hard that a snort was made. (Alright, it was me!) When we got to the counter, the girl said she always enjoyed hearing the customers laugh like we had been doing. That episode was the first entry in my gratitude journal that night.

I began a gratitude journal on July 10 and each night I write 3 things I am grateful for that day and a brief why. I can’t remember where I read about a gratitude journal, but that’s not important. What’s important is that I’m making a very conscientious effort to look for, and document happiness in my life. Being happy with myself, my life are truly important to me now. It just makes me, well, happy. 


I believe in the power of a gratitude journal and so every night, I’ll faithfully pick up my purple pen and write 3 things, at least, to be grateful for. Why not try it for yourself? Can’t think of anything to be grateful for? Let’s go to Hallmark. Snort!

 The Art 


Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

This week was a very productive week in “My Little Art World”. First, I uploaded my first Design Team Member blog post to The Crafter's Workshop (TCW) which will be posted next Wednesday, August 2. Stay tuned for that. Also, I gained about 20 IG followers, 2 of my pieces were put on the TCW’s IG, annnnnnddd, Julie Fei-Fan Balzer mentioned me in a comment on her IG!!! I know most of you are going, WHO???. But, trust me, she is a pretty big name in mixed media and I was so honored! Guess where that little piece of happy went that night??! Yup! So I thought I’d show you those last 3 in “The Art” for this week.

Personally, I love this piece. It’s got a lot of white space, but also a vibrant pink color and black. The picture and saying are 2 packing tape transfers.


The top of the page is part of a new stencil by Julie. I like how the top looks like a piece of distressed wood.

This is the GOR-GEOUS turquoise color that I mixed and the large and small stencil designed by Julie Fei-Fan Balzer. I just think the black samples are stunning!

Look for happiness people, you’ll be grateful you did. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com and on Facebook and Instagram.


 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments