ART ROCKS!



 Don't be fooled by the calendar. 
 There are only as many days…as you make use of.
 - Charles Richards 


 Marching on 

It’s July 21st and already the days are getting shorter – it was completely dark at 9:00 last night. Summer is marching on. Sigh! But wait, I don’t want to start wishing it away, there’s still at least half of it left! So to take advantage of another sunny day, I scheduled this post yesterday so I could go to the beach today with a dear friend. We’ll laugh, talk, eat, and then head to the beach, where we will repeat it all again! Ah, those lazy, summer days where time seems to stand still. Make sure you make good use of your days.

Yesterday I received supplies from The Crafter’s Workshop that I’ll be using on the Design Team (#tcwdesignteam!) this year. When I opened it and my husband saw the goodies, his response was, “Well, I guess I’ll be an orphan for the next year.” Poor hubby. He can always come into The Studio any time he wants to see me. Ha! Ha!

Note: I am a Design Team member for The Crafter's Workshop; however, even though I use and love their products, all opinions are solely my own.

 The Art 

All gessos, paints, and stencils used are by The Crafter’s Workshop.

I began by gluing book text onto my pages with Matte Medium. Then I covered some of the text with Clear Gesso and some with White Gesso. I especially like how the Clear Gesso allows the text to show through the paint that I will put on later.

Next I used Orange Slice and Raspberry Sorbet paints to add color and to apply the stencils Dahlia Blooms and Desert Mirage.
I added Lemon Custard paint to make yellow dots using the Desert Mirage stencil and then Black Licorice details using the Distressed Details stencil.
To complete, I splattered watered down black paint and traced around some of the stencils along the edge and in the flower using a black Fude Ball pen. Using a palette knife, I scraped Spun Sugar white paint in random areas, and then used a white Uniball signo pen to add more details. Lastly, I used letters from the Love Sonnet to stencil onto a scrap of book text, and once everything was dry, I glued it to the journal page. 
No matter the season, enjoy your days and I hope you do what makes you happy. I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com and on Facebook and Instagram

 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day. 
 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio! 

Comments