HAPPY HOME

 To practice any art, no matter how well or badly,
 is a way to make your soul grow, so do it.

 - Kurt Vonnegut 

 New Addition 

The Studio is a mess! It’s all torn up waiting for its newest arrival – a 60 drawer library card catalog. I had hoped to pick that up Sunday but the weather forecast didn’t listen to the forecaster and decided it was going to rain all day instead of just in the evening. Memorial Day’s weather didn’t cooperate either. It was misting and looked like it was going to rain so we nixed that day too. I hate when The Studio is not organized because that just means another job I have to accomplish instead of creating art.

 Color Crush Creative 

On the bright side, I've begun receiving Kellee Wynne Studios’ newsletter featuring her new color palette project, Color Crush Creative. Each week, 6 colors are featured to inspire your creativeness. This week’s color palette is entitled Happy Home and features navy blue, cobalt blue, turquoise, apricot, yellow and light gray. These colors are not my usual go-tos, but I looked in my drawer and decided to use these – phthalocyanine blue (Master’s Touch acrylic), cobalt blue (Liquitex Basics), turquoise (DeltaCeramcoat), coral blush (Americana), lemon yellow (Master’s Touch), and neutral gray value 5 (Liquitex Basics).

 How to: 

Because these are colors I wouldn’t have used together, I decided to start by just painting the whole page to see how they played together.
After drying, I added four Dylusions stencils – small and large Dotted Flowers, small Letter Jumble, and small Diamond Border (Ranger).
Using a circle template, I traced different sized circles onto the spread with a pencil, then painted around the circles with the neutral gray mixed with titanium white to lighten it. After that, I stenciled Dina’s Mini Paint Lids (The Crafter’s Workshop) using the coral blush paint. Not satisfied with how it looked, I decided to add yellow mixed with white onto the background.
I then painted around the circles with the turquoise paint.
Using the phthalocyanine blue, I stenciled large Specimens and Mini Harlequin Circles (The Crafter's Workshop) and then I added a cobalt blue border.
To finish, I added a border around each circle with phthalocyanine blue. I stenciled mini triangles from the Mini Geometric Art Layers stencil (The Crafter’sWorkshop) with the turquoise paint. I fussy cut and glued the saying on with a glue stick and then outlined it with the coral blush. Still using the coral blush, I added details inside the circles. Finally, I added two more stencils – the large Ledger and large Specimen (all by TheCrafter’s Workshop) using the cobalt blue and called it a day.
Check out my IG, @arteverydaystudio, for all my color crush creations and check out #colorcrushcreative on IG for all of the inspiring pieces of artwork, and #cccpalette6 for those pieces using the Happy Home color palette. I hope your souls have grown this week because you’ve practiced art! And I hope you’ve enjoyed this post and will join me every Tuesday and Friday for more blog posts at arteverydaystudio.blogspot.com.


 Art in the Studio makes every day a good day.

 Thanks for spending time with ArtEveryDayStudio!

Comments

  1. This quote is sooooo YOU!!! Just what you believe, This project just makes me feel happy and peaceful. I love the colors!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment